Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Saturday, March 15, 2014

March Madness Blogging Challenge- Day 15- What does retirement look like to you?

     Retirement? What does it look like to me, you ask? Well I have a idea of what I want it to be, but this question is kinda like the question they ask you on your first day of school in 9th grade, "Where do you see your self in 2 years, 5 years, & 10 years?" We really don't know where we would be, but thinking about these things is planting seeds and making goals for our lives.



Thinking about all these things gives us something to work towards too because that's what we want for our life.


    Retirement is still a few years away for my husband I. He is 28 and I 27. We do of course have a Retirement savings started but it really isn't something in depth we have talked about. We want to travel, which I think is one thing on most people's retirement list. Right now, our plan is this: { I am sure to look back on this in 10-15 years and either think I was crazy or be right on track}
   

Our youngest child will be 18 when we are 38 & 39 years old. Now of course I know children are never fully grown. They are always going to need you, or your money, and it doesn't end when they are 18 - however they will be able to feed themselves and understand they have responsibilities and can b e left alone. lol but besides college funds and all that necessary stuff we are going to try and start buying a RV and traveling more, taking more time for us. I really think that is what our Retirement is going to be about more then anything, us. However, we may go through an empty nest syndrome...

     My husband and I have had a child ever since we started living together. My husband and I are high school sweethearts, I was 15, him 16 when we met. We then went through the high school years, and then I was pregnant.... It was a rough transition for our families, friends, and most of all us. However with the help and support eventually from our families we were able to make it and I moved out and in with him 2 weeks after having our son and have been out of my moms house ever since.  Now, 12 years later, at a  more stable time in our life, then it once was { I don't think anything could be as hard as those first 3 years of our relationship and life as a family} we are enjoying it and just raising our kids and working hard.

Retirement is exciting to think about though! 

No comments: