Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Saturday, March 8, 2014

March Madness Blogging Challenge - Day 8- Working Girl? Domestic Engineer? What are you aspirations?

Aspirations, Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Desires.... Those are words that everyone should have in their vocabulary. These words help give everyone a sense of being. I have so many hopes, dreams, and wishes that I want to live out over my life and that I have for my family. We all may wish to be millionaires or billionaires, but money doesn't buy happiness, yes it can buy things that make you happy, but it the end it won't be what keeps you going.

What keeps me going is all the experiences and memories I want to have in my life and all I want to do with my life.



Currently I am a Domestic Goddess {which = Housewife, I prefer the other title} I do of course run Raised Southern, Raised Southern Boutique, Bibbidi Bobbidi Dreams, & yes, I sell those bags with Thirty-one, plus all the other required work of Domestic Goddess-ness. I enjoy being here with my family, it is what is most important. My husband and I want me here with my kids to be there when ever they need me. Their may be sick, days out of school, field trips, school parties, summer vacation, etc. Plus with the cost of day care now a days, I would be working just to pay them. Thankfully, I am able to earn money at home through my blog, business, and building my brand. It's hard work doing everything but at the end of the day and when I am done pulling all my hair out, I find it very rewarding.


Before I had children, I wanted to be a criminologist and work with troubled teenagers. As my son grew {because I had him at 17, 5 days after graduating high school} and I pursued a college degree in paralegal and criminal justice, I realized that this wasn't going to be the career for me because I wanted to be there with my family and my career was going to be very demanding. I decided right then it was time to change my plans for my education. I spent several years figuring out what I was going to do and now besides building my blog and brand, I am just about finished with getting my certification in Medical Transcription.

I decided this was the way to go because It would allow me the flexability to be here with my family when needed and still have a career. That is what I am working to in the next 6 months.

We all have hopes, dreams, wishes, and desires. Like I said before maybe you want to be a millionaire or billionaire. My hopes, dreams, wishes, and desires are a little different.


All I want out of my life is to live a long, healthy, happy life with my family and taking care of them. To be able to give my children not only everything they need in life but everything they want. To always be able to be there for them and help guide them in whatever direction their life may be headed. I hope I am able to live a long healthy life with my husband. Our children will grown by the time we are 40 and we dream to travel and go all over the United States. I want to take him so many places.   I want to always be a good caring person to my friends and family. I want to always be the best I can and do what is right, no matter the situation. If I am able to do all of the above and be a good person I couldn't aspire, hope, dream, wish, or desire to do or be anything more.


No comments: