Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Monday, February 2, 2015

{Amish Proverbs} Some People Work Hard....



     At the beginning of each month I like to explain why I write my series, for my new readers that may not know, and think why is this southern girl talking about the Amish- well let me just say I am fascinated by their lifestyle and living especially in such a technology world. I mean they don't even know any thing about iPhone/iPod/iPad anything. I couldn't imagine living their lifestyle but I am fascinated by it. I especially love their Proverbs, which for many of us have become quotes we all love. Each Sunday (Sometimes Monday, if it's been a particularly busy weekend) I like to share a proverb that fits something in my life, is motivational for the week, or I just like.  Hope you all have a great week, it's the first week of February already!



     My husband and I are these people. One of my "resolutions" or should I say goals for 2015 was to be more open in my writing. I'm always honest but I feel sometimes things need to be candy coated. I don't want to do that so much anymore, I want to make sure that my writing is real and raw, it is my feeling, emotions, things that have happen in my life, etc. I guess this is this where it starts.
     Our lives growing up wasn't always great. Don't get me wrong I have and had an amazing mother, grandmother, aunt, and uncle that we're always there for me and friends of our family that we're always there. I was always taken care of but as a teenager I thought my life was the worst {as most of them do}. I had my problems though.. I had a single mom, a rambling man of dad that was absent majority of the time-  I held & still hold on a pedestal {idk why}. My mother always always took care of me and did what she thought was best but i was a rebel child and well... I ended up pregnant at 17{Actually on my 17th birthday- Happy Birthday to me}. My husband his life was not what it should have been as a child. I don't want to touch too much on that because, frankly it's a topic that I get furious about. I have one brother in law and his wife is my best friend, but other then them I have no in-laws, lets just leave it at that {and it's not because they have passed on}.
     Since I became pregnant my husband has worked to make sure that his wife and children are taken care of. I remember that his weekly pay check when we started out - at 40 hours a week was only $150.00, and lets be honest- there is no way you can have a family on that! J {as I will call him} has worked so hard to make his career dream come true of being a superintendent of a job. He now, 11 years later is that, and working hard to become more! Everything he does is to better our lives. With that being said, we are those people. We give our children everything they need and want, if they earn it. That is a big thing in our home because one good thing he does have from his family, maybe the only good thing is work ethic. We want our children to be just that, children. With the world way it is today {and if you don't understand what I mean by that, turn on your local news} children are growing up way too soon and too fast. I by no means think that an 8 year old {unless it is for daddy/mommy to call and talk to them on because of a spilt-up/divorce} should have a cell phone, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. at any age under 14? That's high school age right?
     We just don't want our children to grow up too fast. My husband grew up very fast and at a young age and well I had to grow up very quickly and being a mother. I must say that I wouldn't change anything and that's not what this is about by any means but I will, and my husband will do everything in our power to keep our children from having to grow up to fast, to have to become mothers or fathers because they thought they knew everything about love, etc. I know these things are "preventable" but we will do everything in our power to keep them from the things that turned us into men and women at a too young age.

Hope y'all have a great week!

No comments: