Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Spooky Halloween Cupcakes - Edible Bones and Cupcake Toppers



That is what my tombstone would say, "Death by Chocolate." and these cupcakes are delicious and chocolatey. I needed to do a review for a awesome Cake Decorating Kit that comes monthly and helps teach you how to decorate cupcakes/cakes/pies, etc. These tips are very helpful, plus you will gain some new recipes to add to your recipe box. I wanted to make a Halloween cupcake since Halloween is upon us. So I knew what kind of cupcakes i was going to make, but I had no idea how I was going to decorate them until I this pin on Pinterest from Happiness is Homemade. Over at her site you will find two important things, How to make edible {chocolate} bones and these awesome cupcake toppers. Thank you Heidi at Happiness is Homemade, your post is just what I needed for my  cupcake review.

Head on over and learn how to make your own edible bones and print out these tombstones!


     I made my cupcakes by using the Banana Cupcake Recipe from My Cake Decorating for the flavor of cupcake. I then crushed Oreos for the topping.To have the Oreos stick to the top of the cupcakes melt down some white chocolate and smooth a thin layer on the top of the cupcakes, dip the cupcake into the crushed Oreos to top. Make the edible bones as described from Happiness is Homemade and print out the tombstones. I used toothpicks to glue the tombstone printouts to to make cupcake toppers. This was very helpful because the light layer of white chocolate that you added will harden.

     Enjoy making and eating these fun Halloween Cupcakes and be sure to go order your month My Cake Decorating Kit to get a lot of fun tips and tools for all your party, crafty, cooking, baking, blogger needs.

No comments: