Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014 with the Scott's


    Did everyone have a great Christmas? I know we sure did! I just wanted to share with y'all some of many pictures from the holidays. Our Christmas was a week long spending it with Family. My uncle came in from Houston, TX & we celebrated Christmas at my Moms Christmas Eve. I was sick, and trying to recover from a stomach bug.


~Finger Foods~ {Hawaiian Roll Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Chips, Salsa, Spinach Dip, Cheese tray with little tomatoes, Veggies, Crackers, Meatballs, Little Smokies, Peach Cobbler, Brownies & Ice Creams.




{So Excited to open presents they couldn't wait]


 

{My babies are no longer babies, they are growing up too much, too quick. I know that's what kids do but it always shows more in pictures}
     We had an Ugly Sweater/Ugly T-Shirt Party but with me waiting till the last minute and then being sick, My husband and I did not have and Ugly Sweater... My Grandma won because she was the only one with an actual sweater. We live on the AL/FL state line and well it isn't always cold at Christmas. {Read More to see the Pictures of those ugly things} :)

     
     I must say my mom and husband always get me the best gifts & exactly what I want. My mom this year got me the Silhouette, The Starter Kit, and a Silhouette Shop Gift Card. I can't wait to use it! The office is going to be organized and extremely busy! 



She also wanted to make sure I was protected with the way the world has become..... 

- I hope I never have to taser anyone, however I would like to see how it would work, but I still haven't found any volunteers. :)

     After Our Christmas Eve festivities we heard home to wait on Santa! Each year, my husband and I are always so excited to play Santa. We stay up late, enjoy a movie and quiet time together while the kids fall asleep, and then My husband and I do Christmas together, just us. We've been together since we were 15 & 16 years old and it is very important for us to have Christmas together also and to us Christmas morning is all about the kids. We open up all their gifts, then began getting them all out of their packages so we can play all day, watch parades, eat yummy goodies, and just spend the day with them. This year we each got exactly what we wanted. I got him some clothes of course and what he really wanted his Kindle Fire and case and he got me a new camo shirt, hoodie, & hat, a camo BB gun, new Pink fishing rod, & Apple TV. This country girl got what she wanted. I always buy him and the kids new rods and BB/Pellet Guns and of course I never get anything pink so I'm very happy to have my own gear now and not have to worry about sharing because my daughter has hers too. The kid in us comes out at Christmas and especially on Christmas Eve, we start playing with/putting together all the toys from Santa for then kids and fill the stockings with care, then we usually want to wake them up right then but we always hold ourselves back. Santa came & went......



- the kids were so excited- they have been waiting for these for a while! 


& this is how they spent the next 4 hours... We had to take them away just so they would play with all their other gifts. 


     Friday after Christmas was full of adventure for my kids with my mom, grandmother, and uncle as they visited the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, a must see zoo if you are visiting the AL Gulf Coast. This particular day my son got to go in with the Lemurs, my daughter was having no part in it. 




    We also had family coming in from out of town. This was very exciting for us because we haven't spent Christmas together in 19 years! It was a spur of the moment trip but I'm so very thankful they were able to come down for a few days. I went ahead and booked a hotel on the beach to stay with them and get to spend more time, with it being off season, why not? 





 I absolutely love getting to spend time together but especially this year because it our {My Sister & I} first Christmas together that she could remember. (I was 9 at her first Christmas) . We had a great time while they were hear and many great laughs! 
 




     We said our goodbyes yesterday. It's always so hard to say goodbye to everyone but especially hard for me to say goodbye to my sister! We are so close to be 14hrs away and I cherish our time, secrets, laughs, inside jokes, and so much more! I hope we can get to OK this Summer to spend some more time with them! 

Hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas and looking forward to a prosperous New Year! 







No comments: