Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Opening Day!



     Opening Day 2013 was awesome! It was a absolutely beautiful day for Baseball and to kick off the 2013 Little League Season! Our park is a very small parent ran park. Everything is handled by volunteers and parents, from the Concession stand to coaching and team moms. I am one of the team moms for my sons 10U team. I share the duties with a close friend of mine and her husband is one of the coaches along with 3 others for our team. Each team has several coaches and team moms that assist with their team for the entire season!
     This Season for Opening Day we decided that all the kids needed to be there for Opening Ceremony, we had a bounce house, food, decorations and a lot of Baseball! Each of our Teams played a game this day.
It was a very successful day. At our Opening ceremony we introduced our 5 teams. All the kids were very excited and looked great in all their uniforms!


During our opening day ceremony we all pledged the Little League Pledge. The little league pledge was started in the mid 1950's by an official for the Little League. The Little League Pledge is:

I trust in God


I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best

This was the first time the park used this pledge. I think it is very important for the players to understand this and honor this. Next year I believe it will be something we recite at the beginning  of each home game. I think it would be a good inspiration to the boys for each game because win or lose, they should always do their best and have fun! 
     Our first pitch was thrown out by Kazoo the Pensacola Blue Wahoo's Mascot! Our kids were very excited to see him and take pictures with him! Our first fundraiser will be done to support the Pensacola Blue Wahoo's at their April 15th game @ 7:00 pm tickets are $9 each for reserved seating!

     I always say the best thing about our park is that it is a little community park. We are very family oriented and about the kids having fun! We are not focused on only fundraising or only focusing on those that bat the best and pitch the best. We are focused on all our players and want everyone to feel equal! I am very very thankful for this park and that my children and my nephews play here!!!
    

  Good Luck to all our players and teams!!! 2013 is going to be a GREAT Season!!








No comments: