Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

{Living Life Home-Schooled} Planning for the New Year?


     I don't know about you but I am using this Summer to take advantage of the time of from full curriculum homeschooling and getting ready for our school year! I'm just about done with our Summer Curriculum which has consisted of fun learning activities, experiments, music, exploratory activities, art, and much more. I couldn't even began to start explaining everything that we have planned for the rest of the summer, but I do what to talk to you about planning for the new year.
Have you thought about what your plan is?


     I do not order curriculum, I prefer to plan everything out and print out our worksheets and do everything ourselves basically. Control Freak? Maybe on a few things... However we use an awesome FREE, includes everything we need and I add in extras I/the husband/or kids want to focus on and any extra that is in the state standards that may not be included. Many of you probably just frowned on that use of state standards but I want the kids to be on the same level as their public school peers and if we need to work on something longer to make sure they get it that's what we do but it is important to me that we have some type of guideline to follow. We use this free curriculum from All-In-One Homeschool, and last year was the first year we used it and only used it for the second part of school and it was perfect. I'm so excited to use it this year for my third & sixth graders.
   
      Another new thing I have been working on this year is planners for the kids. My son has been using a planner for a few years now but for the most part he didn't use it for everything the right way and staying more focused and on track. I hope to help them master being organized at least to where they don't forget anything. I remember when I went to high school and we had to use planners, I had a hard time keeping up and writing everything down but now, I don't know where I would be with out a planner. Check out my planner resources below.

The Multi Taskin Mom

My Strawberry Baby

My Joy-Filled Life 

Make sure you head over and look for their 2015-2016 Planner and Planning sheets! You will be thankful you found these sites to help you plan what y'all will be learning this year. 

Have a Great Week & Happy 4th of July! 

No comments: