Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Friday, May 1, 2015

Cinco De Mayo Round-Up - Have Fun at your Fiesta


How do you like to celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Whether it is throwing a full blown out fun fiesta with your family and friends or just having a quiet Taco Tuesday with your family grab some fun ideas to help you celebrate right here. You will find everything from a fun craft of maracas to the best margarita you've ever had. Let us know what's your favorite! 

Don't know what to do with all those plastic Easter eggs that are now in a plastic bag thrown in the spare closet for next year? Use them for this fun craft. For Kids of all ages, even my son age 11 enjoyed playing with his sisters so we are going to make some MineCraft ones for his Cinco De Mayo Celebration. Make your own Maracas and design them in your favorite design. 
*Courtesy of HubPages
http://lbrummer.hubpages.com/hub/mexican-crafts-2


If you're a homeschool mom or teacher this will help you teach your kids a little bit about Cinco De Mayo and Reading Comprehension. I really love this site for all the freebies that you can find to assist you in homeschooling on every topic! This is a freebie just follow the link provided, log in {if you don't have a log in I absolutely recommend you sign up and get on}, and then you can download and save or print for free. I always suggest looking through the document and selecting the pages you will be using. It will not only save you paper but ink as well.
*Courtesy of Teachers Pay Teachers
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cinco-de-Mayo-Reading-Freebie-Informational-Text-Worksheet-Craft-1227683

After you finish with your fun craft you need to start planning something for supper and here are the perfect ideas for a little bit of a different Cinco De Mayo meal.


Did your stomach just growl?
This is a great twist to your Cinco De Mayo Taco Celebration that you normally have. The whole family will love these. This is also a great idea to take to a party that you may be attending or throwing for your friends and family. It really doesn't matter what you are doing. Just make sure you make these!{I don't see how you couldn't want to make these after seeing them!}
*Courtesy of Real Housemoms
http://realhousemoms.com/spicy-chicken-tortilla-roll-ups/ 

If you're looking for something that is more of a meat meal try this! Spicy Shrimp with Sweet and Zesty Mango Salsa -Cinco De Mayo Bowls. This would be a great meal for the family and a healthy choice for your Cinco De Mayo Fiesta!

Now let's discuss my favorite part of meals Desserts!

Looking for a healthy dessert that is still with your Cinco De Mayo theme? Here is a simple one that can also be a great afternoon snack for the kids! Mexican Flag Marshmallow Pops
*Courtesy of Party Pinching

Since Cinco De Mayo is in May it's always very warm down here on the Alabama Gulf Coast. This is the perfect treat to cool you down on that hot Cinco De Mayo day.
*Courtesy of The View from Great Island
Cinco De Mayo Popsicles
Let the kids get creative and decorate their sombreros before they eat them! Sombrero Cookies that is. There are very cute and look like the would be great for a class/co-op treat!

*Courtesy of The 36th Avenue
http://www.the36thavenue.com/5-de-mayo-last-minute-idea-sombrero-cookies/

I love everything about Cheesecake and really any kind of Cheesecake. My daughter is the only one besides myself that will eat it with me so luckily I never have to share, too much. Here is a cheesecake that would be perfect at your fiesta or ever just for dinner after your Taco Tuesday.
Churro Cheesecake Bars 

or you could go with this Frozen Margarita Pie Bars. I personally, would prefer to have both!

*Courtesy of Confessions of a Cook Book Queen
http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2014/04/frozen-margarita-pie-bars/#_a5y_p=1545800


Now while we're talking about Frozen Margaritas I have fabulous ones, that aren't traditional, because I don't like traditional. Which would be your go to out of these three?


I am not a Mango eater, I don't know why... I'm just not but I do love to drink mango juice, mango kool-aid, Mango Margaritas. I have tried this particular recipe yet but it sounds and looks delicious.
*Courtesy of Tiny Taster 


Whatabout Watermelon Margaritas? It's hot out and Summer is on it's way well first we have to have our Cinco De Mayo Fiesta but if your craving Watermelon or just looking for a red drink to go with your them that is not Strawberry Margaritas, here is what you have been looking for.
*Courtesy of The Stir
http://www.hypeorlando.com/tiny-taster/2014/04/01/taco-tuesday-mango-ritas/

This I feel is going to be my personal favorite and possible my drink of Summer 2015 because I love Pineapple, I love Dole Whips {#DisneySide}, so I know when I make this I will probably be hooked; Two of my favorite things in one! Fresh Pineapple Margaritas 

What is your favorite Margarita? & if it's a traditional flavor {regular or strawberry} What would you want to try most out of the 3 listed above? 

Hope y'all are planning a fun Cinco De Mayo even if your not having a fiesta or going to one, you can still have your own hassle free, simple fun!
Arriba!!!! 


No comments: