Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Amish Proverbs

Amish Proverbs –
I just finally finished the season of #BreakingAmish. I really don’t know what made me start watching that show except that it may have been on one day while folding clothes or cleaning I’m sure, but I was kind of hooked. Plus, I love reality t.v. I don’t know what about it intrigues me but it does, I’m pretty sure it is because I like to see the differences in people, lives, way of living, etc. Just the fact that the show was Amish was intriguing alone.


     When I was younger I visited Pennsylvania twice with my Aunt. This was the first time I had ever heard of Amish. I was automatically curious, why do they dress different? Look different {the men and their beards}? What do you mean they have no electricity? Or telephones, how do you not have a telephone?
I was younger when we visited, maybe 10 or 11. Now that I am older & wiser I see the reason for their simple living, living by gods word, with Amish Proverbs from the elders, and I understand their reasons for choosing to be Amish and stay away for the distractions and sins of the world. Now, with that being said I don’t agree with the “church” being the head of everything and “shunning” people because that is not the way of the lord, or their Christian living. However, with every type of religion, and all the different people in the world we all live differently, have different beliefs, different rules, opinions, etc. and that is okay. I don’t think their should be any type of control. I absolutely love and admire Mary Smucker from Breaking Amish because even though she is Amish and that is the way she wants to live with her husband, she loves her kids, she continues to follow Gods Word, not the Amish Church’s Word, and follow her heart. That is the most important thing to remember to living a fulfilled life, Follow Your Heart.
     During the show they show different Amish Proverbs and I was surprised how some of my favorite quotes were Amish Proverbs, maybe I’m so curious because in another life I was Amish? Doubt it, but maybe. I’m going to be sharing some of these with y’all over the next couple of months. They are very inspirational and encouraging.
     If you don’t know much about the Amish, their way of life is very interesting and different, especially with the way that technology has evolved.

My Favorite, and one that I have hanging on my wall in between several pictures of my kids together:

No comments: