Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Monday, June 2, 2014

Get to Know a Little More About Me, Your Editor at ALWB


Hey Y'all, I recently was offered the opportunity to be the Editor at Alabama Women Bloggers. I was so honored that I was offered this opportunity. I absolutely love my great state of AL {Even though I bleed Orange & Blue, and yell Go Gators during football season}and I am LA girl! {LA = Lower Alabama} I'm very excited about being able to help grow, gather, and connect all the wonderful women bloggers we have in this great state. 

Over the past couple of months we have been building our team, and I am so proud to say that we have built an awesome group of Ladies! Each of us have a bio on our Meet the Gal's page which introduce myself and our Co-Editor Brooke and our Meet the Team page which introduces you to all the amazing women we have that are apart of team and the series that they work with. Here you will also find all of our personal blogs and our social media links.

This post here is to let you know just a little more about me. Each of us on the ALWB team have answered these questions for you to get to know more about each of us:

1. Name & Birthday {Don't have to include your year}
Kari (Carrie), it's spelled funny I know, I'm one of those people that can never find a souvenir key chain, pencil, spoon, etc. with my name on it and spelled right, & my birthday is August 11


2. How long have you been blogging?
-I've been blogging since 2009.

3. What is your favorite part of being a blogger and why?
-I love a lot of things about blogging. My favorite part about blogging is the creative outlet it gives me to share with people my life, loves, dislikes, and more. I enjoy meeting people. I have met some wonderful women and built some wonderful friendships! 

4. Why did you start blogging? 
-I started blogging at first on just a personal blog, something for me to write my thoughts, feelings, problems, desires, wishes, dreams, etc. Then I wanted to make it more and in 2012 started focusing on building a brand, and Raised Southern was born! 

5. Tell us a little about your Family.
-I am married to my HS Sweetheart, Mr. Scott, we've been together for 12 years and married 9 years. We have two amazing children. My hard headed all boy 10 year old and my sassy princess diva, who is 7 years old. 

6. Where are you from?
- I am from your vacation spot. Lower Alabama! I was actually born and raised in Pensacola, FL a little town about 3 min from where I live in AL. My daddy and grandparents lived here in Lillian and I have since bought the house and here we are. 

7. What is your greatest achievement?
- I would say that my greatest achievement is not becoming a statistic. I was a teenage mom, pregnant at 17 and a dropout. That was until my husband and I sat down as teenagers and decided what we wanted out of our life and for our unborn son. I went back to school, graduated with my class {5 days before delivering my first born} and we started our life, we loved each other and wanted to be together and still to this day we are as in love as we were as teenagers. So I my greatest accomplishment is not becoming another statistic, and continuing to build our family and our relationship.

8. If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
-At the top of Cinderellas Castle & because I'm a queen, and a Disney Addict! If I could really live anywhere I would want to live with the beach out my back down and a farm out the front. Wherever that may be would be a perfect place!  

9. Favorite Movie? I have a lot of those Dirty Dancing, Grease, anything Disney, Pitch Perfect, Bridesmaids, all of the Twilight Series, The Hunger Games, What Dreams May Come, all of these are at the top of my list. 

10. Favorite Music/Song? I love all genres of Music, just depends on my mood. My heart though is with Country Music. My dad was a musician and I great up on Country Music. I have a lot of favorite songs, so I couldn't even began to naming songs. However, the first song I can ever remember singing is Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks. It is still one of my favorites.

11. What are your hobbies? I love to be creative! Anything DIY, painting, cooking & baking {I consider cooking being creative}, I love going to the beach, even just for a walk to pick up seashells or take some beautiful pictures. I like to run, I'm not a "runner", yet!, but It is something I've wanted to start on a regular basis. 

12. What inspires you? I am inspired by my children, my husband, our family. They inspire me to always continue on the right track and do what is right. I'm inspired by many different things such as the color of the sunset, inspired to paint after being at a art show, or being inspired by another blogger to tell your story.  You can be inspired from anything around you, no matter where you are

13. Favorite Color
- PINK and Turquoise, I absolutely love Pink, if it comes in Pink, I will take it. Turquoise has become one of my favorites too though. 

14. What is your dream job?
-My dream job, I actually love that I am a mom. It is so important to my husband and I that our kids always have one of us there for whatever they may need. However, before I had children I wanted to be a Juvenile Criminologist and help juveniles out with their live.

15. What are you looking forward to most in 2014?
-2014 has been a rewarding year already, and I can't believe it's June and we're already half way through it. Throughout the rest of the year I am looking forward to the Summer {we have some fun things planned} I'm looking forward to September we're going to DISNEY!! whooo hoooo :)

I hope you all have got to me a little better! I'm so excited to be working with these fabulous ladies! Hope everyone has a great week & your looking forward to an awesome June! 

5 comments:

DiningWithDebbie said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. I'm going to enjoy getting to know you even better as we travel this road together. I am one of the admins with AR Women Bloggers. If you need any help or have questions or suggestions, I hope you'll feel free to call upon me. Welcome. Debbie diningwithdebbie.net

Unknown said...

I'm a Gator fan as well! Thanks to my daddy. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Debbie!! I absolutely love all of our Women Blogger Sites! Hope you have a great week and if I have any questions I will absolutely contact you!

Logan - Thats awesome! I now don't feel like I'm the only one in AL breaking the law of having to like AL or AU... :) GO GATORS!

CraftyHope said...

I love reading these type of posts and learning more about other bloggers. I might even join in and play along as well with these questions also. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Please do Hope! I love meeting other bloggers too and I think this is a great way for everyone to get to know each other a little more because you can tell their personalities more.

Please join in Hope and Link up here! http://www.alabamawomenbloggers.com/2014/06/04/tell-us-all-about-yourself/