Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Audubon Zoo - New Orleans, La



 I always love a trip to the zoo and the last time I went to this zoo I was in elementary school too. I don't remember much from it, I'm sure there are pictures somewhere but I was very excited to experience with my son and his peers. His gifted program called Project Jubilee does a special field trip every year and this year it was to New Orleans for the day to The Audubon Zoo, To the Audubon Butterfly Garden & Insectarium , and to Cafe' Du Monde for the day! What a treat that was!






I wanted to talk mainly about the Audubon Zoo in this post because it was beautiful and so nice, we just didn't have enough time to see it all. This Zoo is HUGE!!! All of the animal exhibit are very beautiful with great views of the animals and beautiful photo ops and like I said this is just from the things we were able to see.










Our favorite part of the zoo were the Gators! I'm sure this is because we absolutely LOVE our Florida Gators!!!








While walking we through the zoo there were several different land marks to look at: My son had to spend a little time on these two:




I think the best part about all zoos are the hands on opportunities you get with animals. They had this "little" guy out and letting everyone walk up and touch him  and take a picture. You can see in the smile how exciting this makes kids.




If you are looking for something to do for the day in New Orleans this is absolutely the place you want to go. It is full of fun for all ages.  We also enjoyed Lunch at the Zoofari Cafe and they had very good burgers, hot dogs, and fries. They also have other options such as Chicken Fingers and sandwiches.

What is your thing about going to the zoo? What is your kids favorite part of the zoo?

No comments: