Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Friday, April 4, 2014

30 Things Your Kids Should Know - Day 4 - List 10 things you would tellyour 16 year-old self, if you could


     10 things I would tell my 16 year old self... Wow to think back to when I was 16 - When you become wiser { I'm not going to say older because I honestly don't feel any old, just wiser} some of the things you thought were important at 16 years old suddenly are not. Whew if we could only going back to high school and do it over at our 10 year reunion then I'm sure everyone would love their high school years.

{*disclaimer - I was a typical 16 year old high school girl, don't hold any thing against me}



So keeping the disclaimer in mind here is my List of 10 things I would tell my 16 year old self if I could. 


10. There will be plenty of time for you to be grown, enjoy being 16- Join Clubs at school, go to school functions, join a team, continue dancing, etc. 

9. Be friends with everyone because you are all the same and going through things in your lives. 

8. It doesn't matter what "click" you hang out with - the popular crowd, the smart kids, the band, etc.- that's not what is important it's important to have true friends and people that care. 

7. It doesn't matter who has the best anything what matters is that you are all working hard towards your own dream. 

6. "Hanging out" with your friends will get you no where in life - focus on school, it is most important 

5. They are all going to break your heart, LEAVE THE BOYS ALONE! - Just focus on you and when the time is {and was right} everything will fall into place { and it did}

4. Go after your dreams because your only giving one chance and by your 17th birthday if you haven't you will be pregnant! {Not saying this is a bad thing, because I was given the most precious gift, my son, but at 17 no one is ready to be a parent, I wanted to build a life before having children}

3. Don't be so mean and have a wall so high no one can climb it. 

2. Get a long with your mother, she really does know what she is talking about { I know, I know, I said it... unfortunately at some point in all of our lives we realize our parents were right about a lot of things, if only we would have listened} One day our kids will say the same thing. 
and finally, 

1. Be yourself,who you truly are, and go after your dreams, because no one is going to give you the life you want, you have to build it! You don't have to impress anyone or be someone your not- you don't have to belong to any certain group. 

No comments: