Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

30 things your kids should know about you - Day 9 - List 10 People who have Influenced you and Describe How.


1.Mom - My mother has always done everything she could and thought was right for me. She was a single mother who worked and provided and gave me everything I needed. Even when times were tough she still tried her best to do what she thought was right! I wouldn't be who I am without strong women being my mother! 
     She taught me how to be a great mother by being one her self. She taught me to always do the right thing and how to take care of myself how to be a good person and everything I needed to be successful in my life
2.Grand Mother- My Grandmother has always gave me great advice to stand up for myself and always do what was right even if others think its wrong. Shes also always spoiled me rotten because thats what grandmothers are for right? That was all fine and dandy until I had little ones and well now I know how my mother felt.
3.Aunt Erin- My Aunt, shes always been my favorite! :) She was there for me at a time in my life when I thought nothing could get worse and didn't know I had would make it through. I watched her and learned more as I grew up that she was such a strong women and no matter what the circumstances it was going to be okay. She loves unconditional and without any judgement, whether she thinks its right or wrong. She taught me how to love unconditional, but not to be walked on.
4. Dana -My step mom, she gave me normalcy for the first time with my dad. She was a "mom" to me when she didn't have to be. She spent time with me and gave me awesome memories. She also is the mother to my wonderful sister. During a tough time in her life and decisions that had to be made, she still allowed and did what could be done for us to have a relationship, I am so thankful for that and for her to be a wonderful MiMi to my children and so accepting still, when she doesn't have to be. She taught me to be strong and make a decision no matter what the cost, if it was right and needed to be done. She taught me that just because we aren't blood doesn't mean that we aren't family and can always be family.


5. Popsie - My grandfather always gave me long talks and good advice. He's always told me to be  good person. He taught me that money means nothing in this world if you don't have your family. Money can't make you happy or make your world go around. He's always told me never be greedy. He's always given great advice and I could sit and listen to his stories for days. 
6.Granny- My grandmother taught me to be a good Southern women. She cooks every meal and cleans the house. She takes care of my grandfather and the "children"  {her children, then grandchild} She is a homemaker. She taught me how to cook, even though I was hardheaded about learning. She taught me what it was to be a Southern Wife. 
7.Dad- My dad, well he taught me a lot of things NOT to do, and influenced me in ways not to live my life. However, he also influenced me in positive ways and taught me what all girls need to know. Don't take crap from no one. Don't let anyone walk all over you or take advantage of you. He taught me to stand up for what I believe in, even if no one else thinks it's right. I get a lot of my headstrong-ness from him. 
8.My Husband- My husband influences me to always be a better person and no matter the circumstance they can be changed. My husband had a rough childhood and teenage years. However, he has changed and become so much more then anyone in his family ever gave him credit for being. He influences me to do the right thing, even if I think its wrong and always reminds me that hard work always pays off. We have been through everything with each other and I couldn't be the mother, wife, or women that I am without him having always been there for me and picked me up when I was weak.
9. My Children & My Sister - These 3 people, influence me in so many ways. They influence me to be a great person, to do what is right, to always put them first and think about how my decisions will effect them. To make sure I amt here for them all the time unconditionally and for everything. They influence me to continue to live my dreams and strive for the best so they can strive and be the best. I include my sister in this because she is 9 years younger then me. She is still young and growing up and I want to her to look up to me the same way my children do and admire me. 

*Without all these people in my life that have influenced me and continue to influence me and my life, I don't know where I would be. I not only strive to be a good person for myself but for them also and to set a good example and give them something to be proud of. 

No comments: