Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Monday, February 24, 2014

ALWB Interview - Get to know a little about me!




Good Evening Everyone! Welcome if you are new here and visiting from ALWB and if you already know me and are one of my wonderful readers from Raised Southern Thanks for stopping in and joining us again! Also if you did not know I am the Blogger of the Month Coordinator at Alabama Women Bloggers, and we are doing a self interview because our community has grown so much lately and we thought this would be a great way for us to get to know each other and connect a little bit more. So here is some more info about little ol' me!


1. What part of the state do you call home? 
     Lillian, AL, The Gulf Coast, and I sure do love it down here. I couldn't live with out beautiful white sand and rolling waves. 

2. How long have you been blogging? 

     I have been blogging since 2009, I started blogging just when I had the time, but I found myself constantly thinking about it about what I would blog next. 

3. Why did you start blogging?




     I had never heard of blogging until a friend of mine became a blogger and I was very intrigued by it and thought I could do that.

4. What do you love most about blogging?

     I love a lot of things about blogging, but I must say that what I love most about it, is that it is me, its my little place in the world. However, not only that, Raised Southern has also become a place for me to branch out and become apart of amazing communities and develop friends and meet new people that are getting to know me, Kari, not just Mrs. Scott, or Mommy. 

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

     Thinking about 5 years into the future gives me a little bit of anxiety because I first start thinking, my son with be 15, daughter 12, OH MY i'll be 32........ *breathing- In 5 years I see myself with a successful blog that not only helps bring in an extra income but also has grown into a magnificent Brand. I also hope to have worked with many brands and help build their business as well as a blogger.

6. What is your favorite movie?

     Now this is a list that could go on and on. We love movies. I must say I have a few Favorites. Here goes: Any and all Disney Movies ( I can't help myself), Dirty Dancing, Grease & Grease 2, Pure Country, Now & Then, Bridesmaids.... There are a lot of movies I could watch over and over again.

7. If you could use any actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?

     I don't know that I can pick and actress to play me... I have literally sat here for 15 min, thinking who would play me... and I don't know... I know a musician that would play me in my life. Miranda Lambert. I feel from what the media shows/tells us about her and her music, relates a lot to me. She's a strong women and such a southern spit fire.

8. Name the top 5 things on your bucket list.

     1. Watch my children grow up, go to college, get married, have children, be successful, and live their lives healthy and prosperous! 
     2. Travel the world with my husband & family and go on as many adventures as we can together. 
     3. Sky Dive - SCARED TO DEATH of this but I want to do it. I don't know if I ever will but I would love too! 
     4. Have a Farm with horses, goats, pigs, and everything! 
     5. Add a lock to the lock love bridge in Paris

9. Who or what inspired you to blog?

      I have always loved to write and always kept a journal. Writing has always allowed to me to release my feelings, thoughts, and emotions. I was inspired to blog from a friend who had a blog and I thought, "Hey, I can do that" and so I started my own and have been learning and growing since.

10. If you could be known for one thing in your life, what would it be? 

     I would want to be known for always caring and having a big heart. I feel that I am a person that care so deeply and passionate about things, such as my family, friends, their lives, and how they doing, etc. I want everyone to know I am always there for them, no matter the situation, and will always tell you the truth and my opinion of things, whether it is what you want to hear or not. I want to be known to have always helped in any way I can to help you with a situation, with business, your life, party planning for your kids birthday - anything! If you need something, just ask. 

11. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation? 

      Disney World! I absolutely admit, 100% to being a Disney Addict. There is something so magical about Walt Disney World. I have been all over the USA and seen some beautiful sights, but Disney World is my favorite family vacation! My children are still young so I love seeing their faces light up and listen to them planning our next vacation.

12. Describe the best moment in your life.

     I have been blessed to have several moments in my life that are the best moment. I must say that the "best" moment is also a bittersweet moment. It would be when we purchased our home. My father has passed away and this was the home he was living in and we bought the home from my grandparents. I knew this was a place I would call home forever, raise my kids in, and they would go to all the same schools and grow up with the same friends all through the years. We had finally "made it" and are so in love with out home, community, and our life. 

13. We’re headed to your neck of the woods for one day. What is one thing we have to do, and what restaurant we must eat at?

     If you are headed down to my neck of the woods you will have to come during the Spring and head on out to Gulf Shores, AL and visit our beautiful Beaches! There is nothing more fun to do then spend a day at the beach; cooking out, playing volleyball/Frisbee, hanging out with family and friends, and of course swimming and picking up seashells. I do live in Lillian, AL however this is where we like to have a little fun. The Restaurant that you must go to is the famous Lucy Buffet's LuLu's  This place has it all from Burgers to Seafood and everything in between. This place also has a ton to do. Visit the Ropes Course with the kids, or let them build sandcastles while you enjoy live music!

14. What is a tradition you and your family have?

We have family days weekly, sometimes only once a week, depending on how everyone's schedules are that week. Sometimes they are fun family outings or a simple movie or game night. We also try to have family dinner as many nights a week as we can! These little things are the most important to  us!

15. We all love social media, share your links so we can follow you.

You can reach me anytime by EMAIL: raisedsouthern@raisedsouthern.com 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/raisedsouthern <<Blog Facebook 

                  http://www.facebook.com/31ConsultantKariScott  << Thirty-One Consultant 
                  http://www.facebook.com/BibbidiBobbidiDreams  <<Disney Vacation Planning Site 

Twitter:

@raisedsouthern1

@ BibbidiBobbidiD

Pinterest:

http://www.pinterest.com/RaisedSouthern1/

Instagram:

RaisedSouthern1

Google+

https://plus.google.com/+RaisedSouthern1/

2 comments:

CraftyHope said...

Well, you're not all that far from me! Lillian is a very neat area. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm following you now and can't wait to see what's to come.

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page
for a second time.

My site :: google authorship wordpress