Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Saturday, January 4, 2014

You put what, in your Spaghetti Sauce?

Spaghetti is a favorite around here and it is something I try to not let anyone see me cook because I live in a house full of picky eaters. My husband and children are "sight eaters" if it looks funny or they see you cook it, and you don't cook it like they think you should, then they are not eating it. A ingredient that I add, honestly sounds weird going into spaghetti and you will probably stop and ask yourself you put what, in your Spaghetti but I do, I add Sugar.

Adding Sugar to you spaghetti helps neutralize the acid that comes from the tomatoes. Now you may ask does it make your spaghetti sauce sweet? It can, but if you only sprinkle a little,1 tablespoon, over the top, then it should not change the taste, just do what it's suppose to and that's to neutralize, so you don't have all that heartburn!


Do you add sugar to your Spaghetti Sauce? I have also heard that adding a carrot to the sauce will help neutralize the acid in the tomatoes as well.

No comments: