Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Sunday, January 12, 2014

How do you handle opposite work shifts of your spouse?

     At the New Year my husband received a promotion to Superintendent! We are so proud of him, he has worked so hard to get to this point in his career and actually fulfilling his dream. My husband has been in the construction field for 10+ years and working hard everyday. I couldn't say enough how proud I am of him. We are high school sweethearts so we have grown up together and it is a proud moment to watch him achieve all that he has worked so hard for. The only problem that has come with this promotion is that it is night work. The job that they are doing has to be fully operational during the day.

     Now I know I should be thankful he's working and I am very thankful that he is because it is what allows me to be a stay at home mom and housewife. However, it does suck and it's hard, night shift work is hard on anyone but I have come to realize it is hard for the whole family as well. When my husband is coming home in the mornings, we are getting up and I am getting the kids ready for school. When my day starts, his is coming to an end. Even though it is just a temporary change in our life it is a big one, we are a very close family with family movie nights on Wednesdays and family game night Thursdays.


     We're on week 2 of this 12- 15 week job and even though it's not getting any easier, I think we are getting on a routine; Dinner, Spending quality time with the kids, Making sure we still have date night and family activities on the weekend. Thinking about how crazy and switched around our life has been lately prompted this blog... I want to know:

How do you handle you and/or your spouse working opposite shifts and still making sure you get the family time in always? What are your tips and tricks?

No comments: