Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful - Day 11- What are you thankful for?

   
                            
      I'm thankful for my beautiful home that not only holds my childhood memories but also will now hole my children's and our family memories! I grew up in Pensacola, FL living with my mom. I visited my grandparents and dad every other weekend, sometime every weekend. The lived right across the state line in a small community called Lillian, AL. 
                  

     Lillian is right on Perdido bay. It's such a small town that we only have one stop light and lots of fields but it's a beautiful, quiet area. My grandparents moved to North AL about 7 years ago. Leaving this house that my grandfather built open. They tried to sale it but it wasn't happening. This house was a custom house built for him and my grandmother, the way they wanted it. My father lived here until he tragically passed. My grandparent then agreed to let us buy the house. It was a dream come true. 
                                   

     I've always wanted to live in the country but on the water and this is perfect! This house  has all my childhood memories in it with my dad, grandparents and other family. Not only was it wonderful we were going to be moving into this house but the schools are better, the atmosphere is better for our children to be raised, and it gave me and my husband a chance to buy a home where we wouldn't have been able to through a bank. This opportunity was the greatest gift I could receive, so today I am thankful for my home! I am thankful for the beautiful town that it is in and to my grandparents for giving me the opportunity to buy the house that help build me. 

No comments: