Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dinosaurs in the woods - Elberta, AL

     Wanna know a secret? There's Dinosaurs in the woods! When I was a little girl  my dad once said,     "Lets go hunt dinosaurs"! I of course looked at him like he was a little crazy because I knew dinosaurs were extinct, but it was still exciting to try and figure out what he was talking about. He would take us out to the woods and in the woods, were dinosaurs, out in the country. I didn't think much about it until I moved out here in 2009 to take the kids out to hunt dinosaurs. Well time passed as it always does and well here we are with 2013 coming to an end. I finally found out where the dinosaurs were exactly because I was a kid and didn't know directions then, and we decided to take a drive out there this past weekend. My husband said he thought they may not be there because that was long ago and they probably weren't there, that's why he never made it a big deal to go.
    





There are 4 dinosaurs placed apart on the side of the main road in the woods, you do have to look for them! 3 are placed on one side of the road and 1 is placed off to the other side. Here are the Dinosaurs:

                      

                              




      There is also a replica of Stonehenge out in the woods. This was awesome. I do not remember this being there when I was kid out with my dad. We got out and took a walk and the kids ran around. This would be a nice place for a picnic and to let the kids run some energy off.
               
              
 

                


     If you are in the area and need something to do, take a back road ride and check out the dinosaurs! If in the Elberta, AL area, you will need to go South on CR 95 from Hwy 98, then right on Fish Trap Rd at the Barber Marina sign and follow to the next Marina sign where you would take a left, heading south. A few miles up, you will see the dinosaurs.

No comments: