Connect to us!!!

 photo facebook_zpsb36e5b0b.png  photo twitter_zps83612bb8.png  photo pinterest_zps47323de7.png  photo google_zpsd2b4853b.png  photo instagram_zps0dc3c120.png  photo etsy_zps1e69a31f.png
EMAIL US AT: RAISEDSOUTHERN@RAISEDSOUTHERN.COM

Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade Sweet & Sour Chicken



      I feel in love with this, the moment I  saw it on the back of the rice box!!! 
-- While cooking Chicken and Rice Pot Pie I believe ( see previous blogs for recipe). I just had to make this. I love sweet and sour chicken like kids love mac & cheese, & this was awesome!! No One else in the house ate it - Picky Picky Picky - they are .. The kids did not like it because of all the stuff mixed in - I really can't blame them I would have NEVER ate it either as a kid, and the husband didn't like it mainly for the same reason... oh and the pineapple. So needless to say I had this all to myself, which was a lot of food, good thing I know how to portion food and I had some good lunches and dinners! :) I told my husband though their will be nights he has to eat on his own just so I can make this! Hope you all enjoy! Here's the recipe! 

Sweet & Sour Chicken 

1lb. Tbsp Oil 
1lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Cut into small cubes 
1 bag ( 16oz) Frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables ( Or fresh Vegetables)
1 can (8oz) Pineapple chucks, in juice, undrained
1 can (10oz) low sodium Chicken Broth
2 Cups Minute Rice 
1/2 Cup Sweet & Sour Sauce ( I used a whole cup- didn't think the 1/2 cup was enough after tasting) 

-- Pour Oil in Skillet, Heat, Cook Chicken Thoroughly 
-- Stir in Vegetables, Pineapple & Juice, & Chicken Broth, Bring to Boil 


-- Add Rice, Turn heat to low, Cover until rice is fully cook
-- Add Sweet & Sour Sauce, & ENJOY 




No comments: